5th Annual Elevate by LegalShield Conference Discusses Hot Topics and Recognizes Exceptional Service and Leadership
The event gathered attorneys and law firms together in South Carolina for networking, professional development, and awards ceremony
LegalShield, the leading provider of membership-based legal services and identity theft protection plans, recently hosted the Fifth Annual Elevate by LegalShield Conference in Kiawah Island, S.C.
Hundreds of lawyers from across the U.S. and Canada attended to connect and discuss the latest industry developments and best practices. Key topics at the event included diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI), how to make law offices technologically smarter and more advanced, legal technology and services in a post-pandemic world, and more. The three-day conference also recognized individuals and law firms who demonstrated exceptional service and achievements within the past year with an awards ceremony.
“Through the uneasy and uncertain year 2020 brought to us, we heard from thousands of individuals, families and businesses who needed fast, trustworthy, and affordable legal services to navigate the continuous information, laws, and processes from a state and federal level. Our network of providers and attorneys stepped up to answer the call of service and support millions of people during their hardest moments. We are honored to recognize their achievements and celebrate their accomplishments. They help us every day fulfil our mission to provide justice to all.” said Keri Norris, chief legal officer at LegalShield.
Firms recognized at the event include:
- Members Choice Award – Willinger, Willinger & Bucci, P.C. (Connecticut), who was chosen directly by LegalShield members.
- Difference Maker Award – Dempsey, Roberts & Smith, LTD (Nevada), selected for helping more members save or collect money than any other LegalShield provider firm. In 2020, LegalShield’s provider firms saved and recovered more than 19 million for members.
- Outstanding Service Award – Powers Chapman (Michigan), recognized for consistently exceptional quality service and met or exceeded all service level standards.
- Award of Excellence – Robinson, Kriger & McCallum (Maine), who received the event’s highest honor.
- Mission First Award – Maguire Schneider Hassay, LLP (Ohio), is a new award and recognizes a firm that exemplifies LegalShield’s mission to protect and empower people with affordable tools and services.
Individuals recognized include:
- Administrator of the Year – Julie Nolan, Lombino, Martino P.S. (Washington), for working across all levels of staff to ensure projects were completed efficiently and with the utmost customer service.
- Supervising Attorney of the Year – John Markham, Wagner, Falconer & Judd (Wisconsin), for his leadership skills and performance within his firm and with LegalShield members.
- Emergency Access Attorney of the Year – Brian Elman, Shimanovsky & Moscardini, LLP (Illinois), for helping members through legal emergencies.
- Referral Attorney of the Year – Sam Oliver (Georgia)for modeling support and customer service to members and the provider network across U.S. and Canada.
Elevate by LegalShield is an annual conference focused on connecting and empowering lawyers with a passion for eliminating the justice gap. The conference brings together experts to share the latest tools to help make practices more efficient and to gain the latest trends and insights.
Award recipients are based on 2020, and 2021 honorees will be announced at the Elevate by LegalShield Conference June 9-12, 2022, in Washington, D.C.
A trailblazer in the democratization of affordable access to legal advice, counsel, protection, and representation, LegalShield is the world’s largest platform for legal, identity, and reputation management services protecting individuals and businesses across North America. Founded in 1972, LegalShield, and its privacy management company, IDShield, has provided individuals, families, businesses, and employers with tools and services needed to affordably live a just and secure life. Through technology and innovation, LegalShield is disrupting the traditional legal system and transforming how and where people receive legal guidance and services, with access to thousands of qualified, trusted attorneys and law firms. To learn more about LegalShield and IDShield products and services, visit LegalShield.com and IDShield.com.
Hollon Kohtz, Director of Publicity, LegalShield